Who would have thunk a young Halloween artist could be such a visionary?
MAY THE WORDS OF WISDOM DISPLAYED ABOVE, LEAD AND GUIDE OUR NEW PRESIDENT ELECT DONALD J TRUMP.
THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN
DEMOCRACY REIGNS AND PREVAILS FOR
WE, THE PEOPLE
THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING LIT UP IN HONOR OF NEWLY ELECTED
PRESIDENT DONALD J TRUMP.
PICTURE TAKEN FROM 42ND STREET AND AVENUE OF THE AMERICAS.
6th November 2016 – The closer we get to election day, the more chaotic everything seems to be. Media supplying 24 -hour cycles covering the election, its candidates and all the gossip and scandals leading the way.
It has been a long and winding road to finally be here – two days before the most contested, discussed, argued, despised election ever. Certainly history is being made and we have front row seats observing it all. Forming opinions watching all that gets reported, with little consideration given to fact or fiction. Competition amongst the networks is fierce in so far of who can be the first to report a story. Any story. A fall, a slip of the tongue, another Wiki leaks dump, another scandal, another discrepancy, the flip-flopping of the FBI advising no further evidence found on Hillary’s stack of problems. Election fatigue is being felt all around. Any innuendo or attempts to deliver another scandal is being met with disinterest and exhaustion.
Comic relief in the form of the truly funny impersonators proved to be a very welcome distraction with Saturday Night Live being the most daring and outrageous. Darrell Hammond, John Di Domenico and Alec Baldwin being my favorites.
Hillary Clinton is slated to be the winner. Seems to be a no-brainer really.
With all the kings horses and all the kings men……Hillary Clinton will surely be President.
Since Bernie Saunders had been securely ousted by her own Democratic party, her path seems pretty clear.
With her huge staff of over 270 people, the unimaginable amount of money donated to her campaign, the formidable star power in the form of the sitting President Barrack Obama and the First Lady Michelle Obama campaigning with and for her.
Money cannot buy that kind of exposure and support. With CNN’s Donna Brazil sharing the questions with the Clinton campaign ahead of the debate, to be discussed for the 2nd debate between Mr. Trump and Hillary Clinton, certainly gave her an edge to prepare for concise answers to tricky questions ahead of the debate, which ensured her to perform well and look presidential. You might remember the general consensus afterwards was, indeed Hillary Clinton won the debate.
A celebrity strike force fanned out for Hillary Clinton:
- Jennifer Lopez performed a Get Out The Vote performance in Miami in October.
- Katy Perry, Madonna, Miley Cyrus, Lin-Manuel Miranda, star of “Hamilton”all rallying to the cause.
- The cast of “The Avengers,” including Robert Downey Jr., Mark Ruffalo and Scarlett Johansson, made an anti-Trump ad.
- Broadway threw a fundraiser for Hillary Clinton. Billy Crystal hosted. Hugh Jackman, Sarah Jessica Parker, Matthew Broderick, Emily Blunt, Josh Groban, Bernadette Peters and Neil Patrick Harris performed. Julia Roberts appeared. Barbra Streisand called in from L.A. to jab at Trump.
- More than 100 high-profile stars joined a MoveOn.org campaign called “United Against Hate” in a defeat-Trump effort.
- Other stars stumping for Clinton like Sean Astin, of “The Goonies” and Busy Philipps, of “Freaks and Geeks” were also encouraging people to go to the polls. And many more.
- Lena Dunham and soccer champion Abby Wambach visited multiple venues in New Hampshire to encourage people to turn out to vote.
- Jennifer Garner campaigned for Hillary Clinton with a rally at the University of Nevada
- Women for Hillary at the West Los Angeles College in Culver City in California included celebrities like Debra Messing, Sally Field, Garcelle Beauvais, Sophia Bush, Elizabeth Banks, Jaime King and many more.
- LeBron James and even Adele endorsed Hillary Clinton whilst attending her concert in Miami.
- Rumor has it that JZee are doing a performance with a possibility of Beyonce making a surprise appearance this weekend.
- Bon Jovi will be performing at her last appearance before Big Tuesday.
Mr. Trump is sadly lagging behind in star power endorsements. In fact he is the butt of jokes and ridicule.
Even though the pundits keep on reminding us that it will be a tight race, I wonder how tight can it be with such star power and support behind her?
With all the King’s horses and all the King’s men and ALL the stars aligning themselves in support of Hillary Clinton, the stars seem to point to Madam President!
GO VOTE! MAKE A DIFFERENCE! GO VOTE!
Easter in New York is a fun time. It heralds the start of Spring and encourages people off the couch and onto the streets of Manhattan to enjoy the sights of the Easter parade, the sounds of the city and the smells of budding trees and flowers.
The Easter Bonnet Parade is one of New York City’s yearly tradition which kicks off at 49th Street near St. Patrick’s Cathedral and marches up Fifth Avenue to 55th Street.
The first order of the day was arriving in time at the newly renovated and beautifully cleaned St. Patrick’s Cathedral on Fifth Avenue, with Cardinal Timothy Dolan at the altar celebrating Mass.
While we were inside, Fifth avenue was getting crowded with people decked out in homemade costumes that seem to get more creative each year.
The annual Easter Parade offers the choice of participant or onlooker.
This year was a participation event. Participants display their bonnets which were loving crafted over a few weeks/months. This is my creation, complete with matching outfit.
And so we were off to enjoy and admire outlandish headpieces that were hardly bonnets, featuring everything from bunnies and butterflies to grassy, egg-dotted lawns and even solar powered bears.
From the Elegant…….
To the Outlandish……..
To the Cute……..
To the Cutest…….
The crowd included Christians, Jews, Hindus, agnostics, atheists and others who felt like strolling around Manhattan on a sunny spring day, including hundreds of tourists. And a fun time was had by all.
A ‘Stupidity’ Virus Has Been Discovered! Finally an explanation on why we are so stupid and getting more stupid with each passing day! AND OF COURSE IT IS NOT OUR FAULT!!!
A virus known to attack green algae in lakes and rivers can also infect human brains – and it’s making idiots out of us. The virus, called ATCV-1, can impair cognitive activity, learning and memory, essentially making a person who has the virus less intelligent, researchers in the U.S. have found. Scientists said this is the first time the virus has been observed in people.
Robert Yolken, a virologist at Johns Hopkins Medical School in Maryland, who led the original study says: “This is a striking example showing that the ‘innocuous’ microorganisms we carry can affect behavior and cognition”.
All people have physiological differences “encoded in the set of genes each inherits from parents, yet some of these differences are fueled by the various microorganisms we harbor and the way they interact with our genes,” Yolken said.
Scientists discovered the virus accidentally while working on an unrelated study into microbes in the human throat. Throat swabs drawn from study volunteers showed unexpected traces of ATCV-1 in their DNA. Out of the 92 healthy adults screened in the study, nearly 44 percent of them had the virus, the authors said.
Study participants who had the virus performed around 10 percent worse on cognitive tests. Additionally, researchers noted the presence of the virus was correlated with lower attention spans and a “statistically significant decrease in visual processing and visual motor speed.” While the virus is found in freshwater, there was no indication the only people who had it were swimmers and boaters. These are agents that people carry around for a long time and that may have subtle effects on their cognition and behavior.
Testing done on mice produced similar results. Researchers inserted infected green algae into the mouths of mice and had them perform a series of lab tests. Researchers found it took animals that had been injected with the virus 10 percent longer to find their way out of mazes. They also spent 20 percent less time exploring new objects than uninfected mice.
Thank goodness for this research! Just one more thing that dissolves us from responsibility!
THE MONKEY SELFIE – REALLY???
By now everybody has heard or seen the viral media blitz about the copyrights dispute between the British photographer David Slater and Wikimedia Commons about a photo of a monkey that looks something like this.
Slater requested to have the image removed claiming copyright violation. Wikimedia said blah blah blah.BLAH BLAH BLAH……..the monkey owns it.
Then MSN even had a poll – asking people to weigh in on the issue. And guess what? They did!
I VOTE FOR THE MONKEY! HE NEEDS THE MONEY FOR SOME DENTAL WORK!
Has the world gone mad? Have we become so self centered that we have lost all common sense and reason?
Or are we just stupid? And getting more stupid with each passing day?
Just a quick look at the daily headlines, hopefully would put life in perspective?
- People are stranded atop a mountain in another land in 110 degrees heat with no shelter, dying of thirst and starving to death
- People are being uprooted from their homes, being bombed, killed, beheaded, sliced in half
- Women and girls are being raped, buried alive
- Little girls are being kidnapped and forced to embrace a religion that is not theirs
- People are getting shot by cops, Cops getting killed by people
- Innocent people are being injured or killed by the knock out game
- People are either dying of floods or dying of drought
- Human rights are being violated – Gay people and others are being executed
- Kids are languishing in detention centers in the USA, fleeing their home countries in fear of their lives, creating a “CRISIS” , while elected officials are on a 5 week recess, after agreeing it is a CRISIS
- Planes are being shot down or lost with no explanation or liability
- The NSA is spying on YOU! We the people
- Ebola and other diseases are coming to a neighborhood near YOU
AND WE CONCERN OURSELVES WITH THE RIGHTS OF A PHOTOGRAPH!
ACTUALLY HAVING A DEBATE – HAVING A DEBATE PEOPLE!!!
See here: http://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/2014/08/11/if-a-monkey-takes-a-photograph-who-has-the-copyright/ (It is actually a good debate, but nevertheless, we should focus on better things.)
THAT A MONKEY IS BEING CONSIDERED TO TRULY / LEGALLY HAVE A RIGHT TO ITS PHOTOGRAPH!
COME ON!!! LET’S GET A GRIP. GET A LIFE!
GO AND VOLUNTEER IN AN AFRICAN VILLAGE!
LET’S GET BEYOND OURSELVES AND FOCUS ON THINGS THAT MATTER.
THINGS OF SUBSTANCE.
LESS SELFIES AND MORE DOING.
SPENDING OUR ENERGY ON WORTHWHILE THINGS.