The last “Blue Moon” until July 2015, will grace our skies tonight, 31st August 2012.
This is also the day Neil Armstrong is being laid to rest.
A fitting cosmic farewell to Neil Armstrong. A man with great moral character and integrity, who has earned the respect of the world.
Be sure to go out tonight, look up at this extra-ordinary event, The Blue Moon, and spare a moment, wink at the moon and pay tribute to an extra-ordinary human being – Neil Armstrong.
Once in a blue moon, the world is blessed with extra-ordinary things.
This might be an unusual topic, but I could not help but notice the self entitlement behaviour of my cat.
This is a sweet little kitten, rescued by me, that, not so long ago, was hanging onto my every whim for attention and a little scratch.
Surely then, it is a fair expectation, that it should be a very amicable arrangement?
But I have noticed that:
The cat sleeps about 20 hours a day
She has her food prepared for her
- She can eat whenever she wants, 24/7/365. And gourmet meals no less – only the best would do. And snack time – at her will – and on her time schedule
These are provided at no cost to her
- She visits the doctor once a year for her checkup, and again during the year if any medical needs arise.
For this – She pays nothing – and nothing is required of her
- She lives in a nice neighborhood in a house that is much larger than she needs, but She is not required to do any upkeep
- If She makes a mess, someone else cleans it up. And what a mess she makes! Litter flying this way, that way, every which way except where it is supposed to be – in its box
- She has all the latest toys and enough mice to give the rodents in Manhattan some good competition
She has her choice of luxurious places to sleep
She receives these accommodations absolutely free
She is living like a Queen, and has absolutely no expenses whatsoever.
All of her costs are picked up by others who go out and earn a living every day.
I was just thinking about all this, and suddenly, It hit me like a brick in the head:
MY CAT IS A DEMOCRAT/REPUBLICAN!!
(For the purpose of keeping it light and fun, and not intended to offend – insert any affiliation)
I had a heart to heart chat with her and made it clear, THE TIME HAS COME TO SHAPE UP, to which she responded:
She quickly reminded me that I was waxing lyrical about her in my previous blog, and she was just living up to expectations and working hard not to disappoint.
Well sweet PRECIOUS is certainly rising to the occasion with no expenses spared!
I don’t mean to come across as a pushover, but I had to concede her point!