6th November 2016 – The closer we get to election day, the more chaotic everything seems to be. Media supplying 24 -hour cycles covering the election, its candidates and all the gossip and scandals leading the way.
It has been a long and winding road to finally be here – two days before the most contested, discussed, argued, despised election ever. Certainly history is being made and we have front row seats observing it all. Forming opinions watching all that gets reported, with little consideration given to fact or fiction. Competition amongst the networks is fierce in so far of who can be the first to report a story. Any story. A fall, a slip of the tongue, another Wiki leaks dump, another scandal, another discrepancy, the flip-flopping of the FBI advising no further evidence found on Hillary’s stack of problems. Election fatigue is being felt all around. Any innuendo or attempts to deliver another scandal is being met with disinterest and exhaustion.
Comic relief in the form of the truly funny impersonators proved to be a very welcome distraction with Saturday Night Live being the most daring and outrageous. Darrell Hammond, John Di Domenico and Alec Baldwin being my favorites.
Hillary Clinton is slated to be the winner. Seems to be a no-brainer really.
With all the kings horses and all the kings men……Hillary Clinton will surely be President.
Since Bernie Saunders had been securely ousted by her own Democratic party, her path seems pretty clear.
With her huge staff of over 270 people, the unimaginable amount of money donated to her campaign, the formidable star power in the form of the sitting President Barrack Obama and the First Lady Michelle Obama campaigning with and for her.
Money cannot buy that kind of exposure and support. With CNN’s Donna Brazil sharing the questions with the Clinton campaign ahead of the debate, to be discussed for the 2nd debate between Mr. Trump and Hillary Clinton, certainly gave her an edge to prepare for concise answers to tricky questions ahead of the debate, which ensured her to perform well and look presidential. You might remember the general consensus afterwards was, indeed Hillary Clinton won the debate.
A celebrity strike force fanned out for Hillary Clinton:
- Jennifer Lopez performed a Get Out The Vote performance in Miami in October.
- Katy Perry, Madonna, Miley Cyrus, Lin-Manuel Miranda, star of “Hamilton”all rallying to the cause.
- The cast of “The Avengers,” including Robert Downey Jr., Mark Ruffalo and Scarlett Johansson, made an anti-Trump ad.
- Broadway threw a fundraiser for Hillary Clinton. Billy Crystal hosted. Hugh Jackman, Sarah Jessica Parker, Matthew Broderick, Emily Blunt, Josh Groban, Bernadette Peters and Neil Patrick Harris performed. Julia Roberts appeared. Barbra Streisand called in from L.A. to jab at Trump.
- More than 100 high-profile stars joined a MoveOn.org campaign called “United Against Hate” in a defeat-Trump effort.
- Other stars stumping for Clinton like Sean Astin, of “The Goonies” and Busy Philipps, of “Freaks and Geeks” were also encouraging people to go to the polls. And many more.
- Lena Dunham and soccer champion Abby Wambach visited multiple venues in New Hampshire to encourage people to turn out to vote.
- Jennifer Garner campaigned for Hillary Clinton with a rally at the University of Nevada
- Women for Hillary at the West Los Angeles College in Culver City in California included celebrities like Debra Messing, Sally Field, Garcelle Beauvais, Sophia Bush, Elizabeth Banks, Jaime King and many more.
- LeBron James and even Adele endorsed Hillary Clinton whilst attending her concert in Miami.
- Rumor has it that JZee are doing a performance with a possibility of Beyonce making a surprise appearance this weekend.
- Bon Jovi will be performing at her last appearance before Big Tuesday.
Mr. Trump is sadly lagging behind in star power endorsements. In fact he is the butt of jokes and ridicule.
Even though the pundits keep on reminding us that it will be a tight race, I wonder how tight can it be with such star power and support behind her?
With all the King’s horses and all the King’s men and ALL the stars aligning themselves in support of Hillary Clinton, the stars seem to point to Madam President!