This might be an unusual topic, but I could not help but notice the self entitlement behaviour of my cat.
This is a sweet little kitten, rescued by me, that, not so long ago, was hanging onto my every whim for attention and a little scratch.
Surely then, it is a fair expectation, that it should be a very amicable arrangement?
But I have noticed that:
The cat sleeps about 20 hours a day
She has her food prepared for her
- She can eat whenever she wants, 24/7/365. And gourmet meals no less – only the best would do. And snack time – at her will – and on her time schedule
These are provided at no cost to her
- She visits the doctor once a year for her checkup, and again during the year if any medical needs arise.
For this – She pays nothing – and nothing is required of her
- She lives in a nice neighborhood in a house that is much larger than she needs, but She is not required to do any upkeep
- If She makes a mess, someone else cleans it up. And what a mess she makes! Litter flying this way, that way, every which way except where it is supposed to be – in its box
- She has all the latest toys and enough mice to give the rodents in Manhattan some good competition
She has her choice of luxurious places to sleep
She receives these accommodations absolutely free
She is living like a Queen, and has absolutely no expenses whatsoever.
All of her costs are picked up by others who go out and earn a living every day.
I was just thinking about all this, and suddenly, It hit me like a brick in the head:
MY CAT IS A DEMOCRAT/REPUBLICAN!!
(For the purpose of keeping it light and fun, and not intended to offend – insert any affiliation)
I had a heart to heart chat with her and made it clear, THE TIME HAS COME TO SHAPE UP, to which she responded:
She quickly reminded me that I was waxing lyrical about her in my previous blog, and she was just living up to expectations and working hard not to disappoint.
Well sweet PRECIOUS is certainly rising to the occasion with no expenses spared!
I don’t mean to come across as a pushover, but I had to concede her point!
When God made the world, He chose to put animals in it, and decided to give each whatever it wanted.
All the animals formed a long line before His throne, and the cat quietly went to the end of the line.
- To the elephant and the bear He gave strength
- To the rabbit and the deer, swiftness
- To the owl, the ability to see at night
- To the birds and the butterflies, great beauty
- To the fox, cunning
- To the monkey, intelligence
- To the dog, loyalty
- To the lion, courage
- To the otter, playfulness
And all these were things the animals begged of God. At last he came to the end of the line, and there sat the little cat, waiting patiently.
“What will YOU have?” God asked the cat.
The cat shrugged modestly. “Oh, whatever scraps you have left over. I don’t mind.”
“But I’m God. I have everything left over.”
“Then I’ll have a little of everything, please” said the Cat.
And God gave a great shout of laughter at the cleverness of this small animal, and gave the cat everything she asked for, adding grace and elegance and, only for her, a gentle purr that would always attract humans and assure her a warm and comfortable home.
And that – my friends – is how sweet little PRECIOUS PUCCI came into our lives…. and precious she is.
Watch this space for further developments and musings of this precious Angel.